Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Been A While


A lot has happened since we last visited.

My husband and I both have different jobs.

We've moved further away from the city and our lives have somewhat settled into a routine.

In the past few months we've enjoyed some sunsets ...



Fed some deer ...


Chased away more of these than I care to count ...



And even experienced a few earthquakes and the longest, hottest summer I can remember.


Needless to say, I am really looking forward to old man winter
and all that it entails.



And I hope to do more things like this ...



Snuggle by the fire.


And this ...



Cook in my new kitchen.


And this ...

Read a few books.





But what will probably happen is this ...



 And giving our extreme weather,

by the end of winter,

I may look a lot like this!

Enjoy the season.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Michelle! :)

I'm so very happy to read your post today. I'd been checking the other blog that you were going to start and never found anything there (Greystone Diaries), so figured you had gone the way of many bloggers - back to life and non reporting in. ;)

I have struggled with keeping my blogworld going over the past year, but keep writing and doing photography because that's what I love and posting... I'm nearing 900 posts now.

At any rate, I'm glad to see you've made a return and your new kitchen looks beautiful! I'm glad it seems that everything is going much better and hope that you have a most blessed Christmas season.

Linda, in flat central-Illinois, which has entered its "season of brown" (oh and grey - that's about all I see when I look across the farm fields)

Michelle said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for hanging in there with me! I regret that I never got the other blog up and running, it's been at the top of my 'to do' list forever now. Last year I started a new job that entailed a lot more hours than I had expected. But things have slowed down a bit for me now, so it's nice to be back. I'm not sure what to do next? Go on with this blog or the other one. I think I would like to have a new creative outlet. It's so nice that you've kept at it. Good to chat with you again!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Hi Michelle, I was so happy to see you in my reader, I did a double take! Your new home looks beautiful, I'm glad things are going well for you, I always checked your other blog, I think you should do both, cook and write!
Welcome back, missed your stories.
Have a fabulous Christmas season!
marie

Michelle said...

Hi Marie! It's so good to be back. I was so busy working last year that I didn't even have time to check the computer. I missed you guys. Looking forward to all those delicious Italian dishes that you make. You have a fabulous Christmas season too.